Pages

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Met Gala 2013 with me!


I dont get to post as often as I'd like but this was an important one:

THE MET BALL 2013

Now I don't particularly think anyone this year belongs on an 
worst dressed list per say, but I also don't think anyone exactly stepped
outside of their comfort zone as one should do when attending a fashion gala.

The them this year was Punk, and I don't think many took that into thought before
leaving home, but than again some took it to far Miley Cyrus's Hair stylist being one.
Here are a couple small list I put together of some of my faves…

My Favorites:


1.) Anne Hathaway in Vintage 92' Valentino

Easily one of my favorites of the night Anne Hathaway 
did more than stepped; she jumped out of her usual "girl next door" comfort
zone and stunned me with her platinum hair and little to the imagination gown.
She was gorgeous! 
My tie for best dressed along with…

1.) Nicole Richie in TopShop

Another favorite of mine is my idol Nicole Richie of course.
Her hair aged her slightly, but to her benefit. It gave her an eerie ice
queen vibe; I waited for her to pull her poisonous apple out and give it to Snow White.
Her accessorizing: Amazing. Earrings; Nails; Clutch; Everything came together so well.

2.) Rooney Mara in Givenchy

Rooney easily ate the other stars for breakfast before walking in the Gala.
She was gorgeous in head-to-toe Givenchy. The only other person that pulled off white better was Nicole, but even that was to close for comfort. Im still going back, and
forth in my mind as I type thinking who did it best.

3.)Sienna Miller in Burberry


Sienna I believe is one of the only people that actually understood the theme
of the night. Her look was All British: All Punk! I love the none-cliche use of
studding. She was so effortless with her styling. She looks as if she left a family dinner party
on the back of her boyfriends motor cycle, because her family doesn't "Get her." 

4.) Kristen Stewart in Stella McCartney 


I'm honestly not a huge fan of the personality lacking Kristen Stewart.
That being said Im also not a hater, and I must say she looked great in this lacy 
Stella McCartney pantsuit! Good for you Kristen, and thank you for not ruining another
look by putting on sneakers.. that is all.

5.) Kerry Washington in Vera Wang


I LOVE IT.
Do I need to say more?
This was amazing. The almost gothic floral influence, the black leather gloves,
the subtle purple highlights (not usually a fan, of grown women with highlights, but I'll make an exception), and the minimal accessories was a hit with me!
Great job beautiful.

Best Punk Influence:

1.) Anja Rubik in Anthony Vaccarello

2.) Madonna in Givenchy


3.) Gisele Bundchen in Anthony Vaccarello 


4.) Sarah Jessica Parker in Giles Deacon &
Philip Treacy (Head Piece) 

5.) Cara Delevingne in Burberry 

These were my faves although I would've loved to see 
one of my designs below on the ladies:



Eh fuck it! There always next year!

xx