Pages

Wednesday, March 13, 2013

I'll pat myself on the DAMN back!


So I've been thinking,
that on it's on usually gets me in trouble,
but none the less Ive been thinking about life;
More specifically where I'll be next year.


I was thinking about the choices I've made to get where
I am today….

The choice I made to get on that plane and leave
everything I love (for the 2nd time)…


I was thinking…

"Was this the right choice?"



If you mix in a Lykke Li playlist, Vodka, & to much time on your hands
you're bound to dissect every decision you've made thus far in life.

SOoo..

I began dissecting,

I dissected every aspect of my life:

Lies I've told; Fashion Decisions I've made; Friends I've chosen; Ones I should've let go…

I thought about all of these things, and realized 



I've done pretty damn well for myself.




Some people, me being one, tend to be very critical of themselves.
I concentrate on flaws, and things that I need to change 
instead of patting myself on the back from time to time.

As I'm writing this out a quote comes to mind..

"If you can't love yourself,
how in the hell you gonna love somebody else?"

…no better junction of words could describe my mood right now.

I wore the things I wore because I looked damn good in them (at the time);

I have the friends I have, because they understand me so well 
I doubt I could replace them;

The lying…

eh

Sometimes it comes with the territory. 


The gist of this post was to basically tell you 
pat yourself on the back sometimes.

If no one else will you might as well do it.


"Now can I get an AMEN?"

xx 

Now listening to:

Alpine- HANDS



FOLLOW ME ON :